May 25, 2009

It Doesn't Take Much

These photos are dedicated to Annabel, my friend and business partner who got me out on a bike for the first time in many years. This weekend, which was supposed to be spent on Waikiki Beach, was instead spent helping our daughters battle the influenza B virus. Funny how life happens sometimes - just when you think you have it all covered - it throws you for a loop. And then you realize, that loop was actually a pretty cool ride that you wouldn't have taken if you hadn't been around.







Now if I could only Photoshop some volcanos and whales in the background...

6 comments:

All Things BD said...

Oh, dear, sorry about the whole beach/volcano thing.

However, seems you've taken the lemons=lemonade adage to heart. :)

Carolina said...

When life gives you lemons... :)
So scary your kids get the flu while there's the whole flu hype. Hope you are all doing better. And when you finally make it to Waikiki, laying on the beach will be that much sweeter.

penandview said...

I don't need any volcanoes or whales in the background...these pics are enough for me. :) Where is this? I'd love to go there.

Danielle said...

Oh no, such a bummer. I hope by now, the girls are feeling much better!


I wish you many whales/beaches/waterfalls/volcanoes in your future.

Lorraine Akemann said...

Hey there Tracey - the ride is at Crystal Springs, just off of the 92/280 interchange in the Bay Area. Thanks for your comments!

Tiffany T said...

I love that bicycle picture. It just makes me want to pick it up and ride. I can't remember the last time I rode a bike. Los Angeles isn't really conducive to nature rides. You either have to battle cars or mountain lions.